Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Note I posted on Facebook before starting this Blog...


Why an Idiot runs...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 11:45am Edit Note Delete
I've listened to people that have done things in life say that they wished they had written down their experiences...well, here it goes. I am not smart enough to start my actual blog site so I am piggy-backin' Facebook's Notes application. Maybe someday Michelle Franklin will teach me...



Okay, so I agree with you...I am a complete fool for looking at the weather forecast and it's telling me the high temperature for the day is 13 degrees and snow flurries...and then that voice in my head says "Let's go run 9 miles". So I text Greg and tell him that it's cold outside and he responds with "What time do you want to run?" So now you can make that two fools. So there we were, two friends with almost matching New Balance shoes, running tights, toboggans and any fleece we could find running up and down Kanawha Blvd in Charleston on a frigid Monday night. By the way, the wind chill off the Kanawha River is not good.You might ask what in the world are they doing out there when they could be inside running on the treadmill or better yet lounging around on the couch watching tv...Well, I believe God puts us here for a reason and one of those reasons is for Greg and me to run. But with anything you do in life you have to be motivated and the only motivation we had that night was to feel the warm heat coming out of the vents of Greg's Jeep!! Since that cold night we have found an even better motivation for running and that would be....







No comments:

Post a Comment